Our women’s healthcare specialists work to provide patient-centered care throughout our eight locations for your family. Through the latest cancer screening options, we work towards preventative measures against common women-related cancers and help provide compassionate support for your concerns and needs.
What is A Cancer Screening?
Cancer screenings are tests that assess your risk of cancer and look for signs of cancer before symptoms appear. Cancer screenings are considered one of the best prevention methods against late-stage cancers as they can help reduce the risk of harm and increase the likelihood of more accessible treatment.
As part of our dedication to high-quality women’s care, our practice is equipped with in-house services and diagnostic equipment to help our patients save time and money for their health. As the only independent OB/GYN in Lancaster County, PA, we have eight locations to help all our patients receive cancer screenings. We work with associated oncology clinics and hospitals throughout the area to help patients with cancer receive counseling on treatment options. Most of all, we provide compassionate support to our patients and their loved ones, giving them resources to have affordable, compassionate care when they need it most.
Cancer Screening Tests At May-Grant OB/GYN
At May-Grant OB/GYN, we offer advanced screenings and specialized services to care for women facing cervical cancer, breast cancer, and other conditions affecting women. Our team can perform many cancer screenings to help detect cancer risks early and improve your response to treatment. These screenings include:
- Pap Smears: Pap smears help examine and assess your risk for cervical cancer by collecting cervical cells from the lining of your cervix. These cells are then sent to our laboratories to be observed for any signs of abnormalities.
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV): HPV screenings may also be performed during your pelvic exam, as the HPV virus can increase your risk of cervical cancer.
- Colposcopy: If a pap smear indicates abnormal cervical cells, our team can perform colposcopy, an in-office procedure that closely examines your cervical tissue to detect cancer cells. A cervical biopsy may also be performed as part of the test to examine the cervical tissue closer for early treatment.
- Breast Exams: During a breast exam, our specialists can check for lumps that may indicate breast cancer. Your risk for breast cancer depends on your age and overall health factors. Breast exams can determine your risk for cancers early on and allow our team to schedule mammograms in cases of abnormal breast tissue.
- Mammograms: Mammograms are an advanced breast exam. Using our 3D mammography service, women over 40 can get annual screenings as part of their wellness exams. Our team contains qualified breast care specialists to image and interpret abnormal breast tissues through our mammography suite. Mammograms help increase the detection rate of abnormalities in their earliest stages so that we can discuss your treatment options.
As the area’s number one OB/GYN practice, we are here to care for your needs, and together we can help you decide on your most effective and safest options for cancer screening and treatment. Contact May-Grant OB/GYN today to schedule an appointment in person or online.