Getting an ultrasound is easier than ever at May-Grant OB/GYN. Through our in-office Ultrasonography, we can provide diagnostic services to help track pregnancies and other underlying conditions to give you peace of mind.
What is an In-Office Ultrasonography?
In-Office Ultrasonography, or ultrasound, is an imaging test that uses high-frequency sound waves to produce images. Through a transducer device, the device sends sound waves into your body, allowing the waves to bounce off the organs and tissues and then return to the device, converting those waves into images.
At May-Grant OB/GYN, we work with type types of ultrasound approaches, which include:
- Transabdominal Ultrasound: As the most commonly referenced type of ultrasound, transabdominal ultrasound works to obtain images of the abdominal area through ultrasound gel and a hand-held transducer device. This type of ultrasound can be used to obtain images of your baby and pelvic organs.
- Transvaginal Ultrasound: Through a narrow transducer, a transvaginal ultrasound is performed inside the vagina to observe smaller areas of the uterus and ovaries. The device is inserted into the vagina to show minor details, such as embryos and abnormal growths.
Our ultrasound equipment allows us to treat women during their pregnancy for in-depth evaluations of their baby’s health. It can be used to determine the baby’s gender during the first 20 to 21 weeks of development. For women who aren’t pregnant, ultrasounds provide our team with essential diagnostic tools to diagnose conditions contributing to symptoms such as pelvic pain, abnormal bleeding, ovarian cysts, and endometriosis.
Why Choose Us For An In-Office Ultrasonography?
Our ultrasounds can provide women in our communities with the comfort and resources they need to keep track of their pregnancies and help manage chronic women’s health conditions. At May-Grant OB/GYN, our sonographers, alongside our physicians, radiologists, midwives, and nurse practitioners, have years of experience and accreditation for providing OB and GYN ultrasounds to our community members. Our practice features many benefits for our patients throughout Lancaster County, PA, including:
- Well-Woman Exams: During your wellness exam, our team can provide ultrasounds, lab tests, and other screenings to track your health better and manage chronic conditions, including endometriosis and pelvic prolapse.
- In-Office Procedures: Our variety of in-office procedures, including pap smears, vaginal biopsies, and endometrial ablation, means you can get the care you need without traveling to another facility for your care.
- Obstetrician Care and Delivery: Pregnant women seeking prenatal care can easily find valuable resources at our office. We have teams of midwives, nurse practitioners, and specialists ready to help you through all stages of your pregnancy.
- Sexual Health Care: For all areas of sexual health, our team can provide extensive options for contraception, STD treatment, and sexual dysfunction treatment for women throughout our communities.
- Menopause Management: Women going through perimenopause and menopause can seek long-term management through our clinics with hormonal therapy, vaginal lubricants, and other treatments to help alleviate menopause symptoms.
At May-Grant OB/GYN, we provide high-quality women’s health care through preventative screenings and treatment. If you need a wellness checkup, have health concerns, or require an ultrasound, contact our practice today to schedule an online or in-person appointment.