As a natural transition in a woman’s life, menopause can cause challenging symptoms and significantly disrupt your life. Our health experts at May-Grany OBGYN can tailor treatments to help you find relief from your symptoms and protect your health.
Menopause is a natural phase in life and occurs when your body can no longer make high levels of estrogen and progesterone hormones. Menopause starts when you go through your first 12 months without a period. When menopause starts, you can no longer get pregnant. Most women reach menopause in their early to mid-50s. However, you may experience symptoms as early as your 30s.
Before reaching menopause, your body goes through a transition period called perimenopause. Perimenopause occurs when your estrogen levels fluctuate, and this period usually begins during your early 30s or 40s. During perimenopause, your menstrual cycle can become irregular, and the time between periods can change. Some symptoms to look out for with perimenopause include:
- Hot flashes
- Mood swings
- Weight gain
- Sleep problems
- Vaginal dryness
- Night sweats
- Low libido
It’s essential to maintain your health during perimenopause and menopause, as your estrogen levels can protect you from several health issues, including heart disease, strokes, and osteoporosis. At May-Grant OB/GYN, our team can help treat your menopause symptoms and care for your health and well-being to reduce your risk of developing chronic diseases.
Through our team of midwives, nurse practitioners, and physicians, we can provide treatment to manage your symptoms and improve your health. Our services include:
- Hormone Therapy: Hormone therapy can help boost estrogen and progesterone levels to relieve menopause symptoms, including hot flashes, night sweats, and mood swings.
- Antidepressants: Antidepressant medications, such as SSRIs, can help treat symptoms of hot flashes with menopause.
- Urogynecology: Our team can provide nonsurgical and surgical treatment through our urogynecology services for signs of urinary incontinence and other pelvic floor problems.
- Well-Woman Exams: At May-Grant OB/GYN, we can provide breast exams, pap smears, and pelvic exams to help track and treat symptoms of perimenopause and menopause, alongside other problems.
- Vaginal Moisturizers/Lubricants: Women experiencing vaginal dryness from menopause can also receive prescription lubricants to treat their discomfort.
- Lifestyle Changes: Some diet and exercise routine changes can help alleviate menopause symptoms. Our team can work one-on-one with you to develop a long-term treatment plan that protects your health from diseases throughout your life.
Our specialists can provide high-quality women’s healthcare through our in-house services, including in-office labs, ultrasounds, and mammography services. We can provide ways to manage your menopause and perimenopause symptoms for long-lasting relief through the convenience available at our office. We have seven locations across the Lancaster, PA, with extended early morning, evening, and Saturday hours to help patients save time and money. As the area’s number one OB/GYN practice, we are here to care for your needs. Contact May-Grant OB/GYN today to schedule an appointment in person or online.