Women face exclusive challenges when it comes to their health. As gynecologists, our careers involve caring for your reproductive health through compassionate service. At May-Grant OB/GYN, we provide women with the health care they need most through excellent service and commitment to their wellbeing.
What is Gynecology?
Gynecology is the foundation of women’s health and is an area of medicine specializing in diagnosing and treating women’s health issues. Gynecology includes various services, exams, and treatments to help women maintain their health and sexual wellness.
At May-Grant OB/GYN, we maintain eight locations across Lancaster County to help women receive obstetrician and gynecological services. Our services include:
- Well-Woman Exams: Our wellness exams provide women throughout Lancaster County with annual physicals, pelvic exams, and breast exams to diagnose early warning signs of disease. As preventative measures, your wellness exam allows us to diagnose and treat your condition early before it causes problems in your day-to-day life.
- Cancer and STD Screenings: Alongside pelvic exams, our team can perform pap smears, colposcopies, mammograms, and cancer biopsies to detect early warning signs of cervical, breast, or ovarian cancer. Pap smears can also detect STDs and other viruses, such as HIV.
- Sexual Health Care: Our sexual health services help you understand and care for your reproductive health. Our team can provide birth control options as safe sex practices.
- Obstetrician Care and Delivery: At May-Grant OB/GYN, we provide mothers with resources to plan a safe delivery through prenatal visits, midwife services, and regular screenings to welcome their newborn to their family.
- In-Office Procedures: For in-office procedures, our team of physicians and nurse practitioners can provide endometrial biopsies, colposcopies, ablations, and more.
- In-House Lab Services: As part of our dedication to women’s health care, our practices across Lancaster and Lebanon counties have ultrasounds, MRI, CT, and laboratory equipment to provide in-house services for our community.
- Urinary Gynecology Services: Women facing bladder problems and incontinence issues associated with their health can benefit from our urogynecological services, including noninvasive procedures and physical therapy.
- Menopause Management: For women going through perimenopause or menopause, our team can provide treatments to minimize your menopause symptoms and help you maintain a healthy, active lifestyle.
Women should see their gynecologist at least once a year for checkups and necessary health screenings. Young girls and teenagers should meet with their gynecologists between the ages of 13 to 15. By visiting our gynecologists, our team of women’s health experts at May-Grant OB/GYN can provide a comprehensive list of services to help prevent the onset of disease and help women through the stages of reproductive health.
Why Choose Us For Gynecology Services?
We work with a certified team of midwives, nurse practitioners, and physicians to help you gain the most out of your healthcare. As a practice serving our communities for over 50 years, May-Grant OB/GYN has been voted the number one practice in the area by local newspapers for years because we dedicate ourselves to providing the best women’s healthcare possible. We strive for high-quality women’s health care for everyone and hope to join your journey toward better health. Contact May-Grant OB/GYN today to schedule an appointment in person or online.